Saturday, October 2, 2010

New (to me) farkles


I just got back from East Providence, a hundred dollars poorer but more space on the motorcycle. I added two side cases. They are not as big as the top case, but this is what I wanted. Now I have some extra storage; enough to go on a short camping trip.
The ride there was a bit long because much of it was in the city. Then trying to find the place was interesting as I had to cross over a large river with limited crossings. Once I found one, finding the guy's house was a bit easier.
My ride home was mostly north on route 114 into Pawtucket, then into Cumberland to Woonsocket then into Blackstone when I stopped in to visit my friend Mike, who wasn't home. I talked with his wife for a short time then continued on my way home.
Riding out after a storm takes a little more concentration because some of the dead leaves have blown off the trees and litter the road. Combine that with some rainwater and you get a slippery areas here and there. A rider must look a little further under these conditions.
I haven't ridden much this month due to colder weather. Today, I waited until 2pm before the temp got over 55oF. Then I rode out to Pascoag on my way to east Providence. It was chilly and when I started out, my sleeves on my jacket weren't zipped. After stopping for fuel, I made sure I zipped them up. After my first stop, I had to put on my chaps, scarf, and heavy gloves. Then, the rest of my ride was comfortable.

No comments: