Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mid April Saturday Ride

I went to ride out with my motorcycle club, the Yankee Beemers, on their first ride of the season, the Gould's Sugar House. The weather report said a good chance of rain and cool. I don't mind the cool, but the rain didn't thrill me. I started out from my house at 14,082 on my bike's odometer and made it almost to the Worcester Airport end of the runway (a place I like to stop for a break) before it started clouding over. I didn't want to get caught in the rain because I didn't have any rain gear and my tires have just a few too many miles on them for me to feel comfortable riding on wet roads, When the clouds got heavy, I decided that it would be in my best interest to start back home. I made it back before the rain started; there will be more weekends and more nice days. For now, I'll keep it closer to home.

No comments: